The SSO Unit offers companies the following services:
We offer accompaniment to companies to identify, assess and control the related risks, within these services are the following:
- Analysis of the Working Conditions.
- Analysis of the conditions of the installations and equipment.
- Ergonomics studies.
- Elaboration of Emergency Plans.
- Technical Assistance for the implementation of the Health and Safety at Work Self-Management Program: «Empresa Segura con Trabajo Seguro (Safe Company with Safe Work)» of STSS.
- Implementation of Programs to Promote the Integral Health of Workers.
- Technical assistance for the implementation in the companies of the IHSS Back School Program.
- Certification of Industrial Emergency Brigades (See the video of the last brigade meeting here)
The Occupational Safety and Health unit has high technology monitoring equipment, which meets the highest standards of quality and precision in order to provide reliable results in the environmental hygiene analyzes. These equipment are sent each year to their manufacture’s laboratory for their respective calibration.
The analyzes we put at your disposal are:
- Noise Dosimetry.
- Environmental Noise Analysis.
- Lighting Studies.
- Thermal stress studies by heat and cold.
- Indoor Air Quality Studies.
- Dosimetry of Particulate Material.
- Analysis of Vapors and Volatile Organic Compounds.
Our training is based on the standards established in the General Regulations for Preventive Measures of Occupational Accidents and Illnesses of Honduras, as well as the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Regulations, Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the American Fire Protection Association NFPA.
SSO Unit Certification
In February 2016, the Secretary of Labor and Social Security certified the SSO Unit as a Specialized Provider of Occupational Safety and Health Prevention Services, becoming the first organization to receive this recognition at the national level.
This accreditation qualifies us to advise companies and provide the services of environmental hygiene analysis, in compliance with the requirements established by the STSS to regulate the quality and truthfulness of said services.
Special Programs and Projects in which we can support companies for their implementation
As a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic, the Maquiladora industry, aware of the need to strengthen a Health and Safety at Work system with the support of the Office of Activities for Employers of the International Labor Organization (ACTEMP), developed a series of activities within which this Guide for the Implementation of a Business Continuity Plan is included with the aim of increasing the resilience capacities of companies in the maquila textile sector on issues related to the health and safety of workers in the face of Covid-19 and other emergency situations.
Download the Guide for the Implementation of a Business Continuity Plan
This program is of great benefit to the working population and is the first of a series of preventive programs with the Honduran Institute of Social Security (IHSS) Rehabilitation Center. By agreement with the AHM, it is sought to install in the companies this program in order to reduce the incidences of musculoskeletal injuries.
The Back School consists of 10 sessions of exercises, which are performed daily with a duration of 45 minutes each.
This program is developed within the company, with its own instructors and within working hours.
It is an educational and exercise program for the cervical and lumbar spine, which aims to teach workers to care for their back, correct postures, modify harmful behaviors and, in general, increase their functional capacity.
This is a program of the Ministry of Labor and Social Security of Honduras whose general objective is to promote the establishment of management systems in the field of Health and Safety at work, based on national and international standards, in order to favor the Functioning of safe and hygienic companies or workplaces.
To know more about the Program, we invite you to watch the following video:
SOLVE is a program of the International Labor Organization whose purpose is to incorporate comprehensive health promotion measures into Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems to contribute to the long-term well-being of workers, their families and Of the company.
This program focuses on three basic themes:
- Psychosocial Risks: Economic Stress, Labor Stress and Violence.
- Potential Addictions: Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs.
- Healthy Habits: Healthy Sleep, Nutrition, Activity and Physics. HIV.
If you want to know more about the Program and how to implement it in your company please contact us.
The Honduran Manufacturers Association in conjunction with COPECO and the DIPECHO / TROCAIRE Program of the European Agency for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection are working together on a project to link the Private Sector to Disaster Risk Reduction Management.
The intent of this program is for the:
- Elaboration of Emergency Plans with Social Approach: In addition to the requirements already established for the preparation of Emergency Plans, issues such as site emplacement assessments, Qualitative Risk Analysis of buildings and risk analysis focused on the employees.
- Accreditation of the Emergency Committees of the Labor Centers (CODECEL).
- Certification of Industrial Emergency Brigaders: in the following link you can see the procedure for COPECO to certify the Industrial Emergency Brigadier in his work center.
The Honduran Manufacturers Association (AHM) and the Heroic and Meritorious Fire Department of Honduras signed a cooperation agreement to carry out joint activities to prevent and mitigate the risks that might occur against human and material security in the companies affiliated to the AHM, As well as the promotion of the compliance of the national regulations in fire prevention.
Based on this agreement, both institutions exchange experiences and services in order to benefit and reach more affiliated companies in the AHM in the subject of Human Security and Fire Prevention, in addition this agreement allows us a special fee for the payment of the Services that by law corresponds to that organization to carry out which are detailed below:
The Honduran Manufacturers Association and the Bipartite Commission, with the technical support of the International Labor Organization, presented in October 2017 the «Ergonomic Risk Management Policy of the Textile-Manufacturing Sector in Honduras».
This guide was created to provide basic information useful for employers and workers in designing an effective ergonomics program to prevent work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSDs).
Download the Ergonomic Risk Prevention Methodology Guide
If you need technical assistance you can contact us